Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL

From: nd02tsk(at)student(dot)hig(dot)se
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-10-21 14:27:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

MySQL has information about several storage engines. MEMORY to handle
temporary tables, InnoDB to handle transactions and which also can split
its table data over several files/partitions. Splitting of storage is
something which according to the following article, PostgreSQL does not
support:

http://www.devx.com/dbzone/Article/20743

But I cannot verify this due to lack of information. I haven't found any
similar information about the storage engine used by PostgreSQL which I
think is called Postgres.

Do you know of any places where this information can be obtained?

Thank you.