gitweb is no longer a real-time view

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: gitweb is no longer a real-time view
Date: 2013-03-04 00:43:55
Lists: pgsql-www

It used to be that http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git
would update within a minute or so after somebody pushed something.
This seems to have been broken for the last week or so; not only do
commits not show up for a random amount of time, but the displayed
age of the last commit is noticeably wrong.

I recall somebody muttering about having installed caching on the web
server. If so, could we get that fixed or reverted?