Re: horrible performance when trying to connect to PostgreSQL using ODBC

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Adrian Maier <am(at)fx(dot)ro>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: horrible performance when trying to connect to PostgreSQL using ODBC
Date: 2003-11-06 14:57:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

Adrian Maier <am(at)fx(dot)ro> writes:
> I begin to think that there is something fishy about the ODBC
> support installed on the laptop (i have recently "inherited" the
> laptop from someone else, and i haven't reinstalled the os ).

You'd be better off asking these questions on pgsql-odbc. I'm not sure
that any of the ODBC gurus read this list.

I believe that the ODBC driver has some incredibly extensive, and
expensive, debug-logging options. I dunno if max logging would entirely
explain the slowdown you see, but definitely check what you have turned
on.