Re: How to recover my postgres database ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pierre Couderc <pierre(at)couderc(dot)eu>
Cc: "Hunley, Douglas" <douglas(dot)hunley(at)openscg(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to recover my postgres database ?
Date: 2017-05-11 17:52:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Pierre Couderc <pierre(at)couderc(dot)eu> writes:
> Mmm, there is some misunderstanding. I have lost nothing.
> All my DBs are ok.
> I am speaking of the specific "postgres" database that you connect to with
> \c postgres
> What is its use ? how to restore it ?

If you know that there should be nothing non-default in the postgres
database, it should be fine to just drop it and recreate it. It's
not magic, it's just a default landing point for connections.

If there is stuff you keep there, probably restoring that stuff
from your last backup is the best you're going to be able to do.