Images in the official documentation

From: Daniel Westermann <daniel(dot)westermann(at)dbi-services(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Images in the official documentation
Date: 2018-02-23 16:14:06
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi %,

I am working with PostgreSQL documentation quite a few years now and I am almost happy. What I think is completely missing (especially if you compare to commercial product documentation) are pictures that illustrate a topic, e.g. the relation of instance->database->user/role->schema->objects.

Is there an agreement not to include that pictures for any reason? I can not promise that I find time for that in the near future but if that will be appreciated I am willing to spend time on that to make the documentation even better.

Regards
Daniel