Re: How to interpret 'depends on' errors in pg_restore?

From: Fire Emerald <fire(dot)github(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to interpret 'depends on' errors in pg_restore?
Date: 2024-05-02 09:20:48
Lists: pgsql-general

I didn't used pg_dump/restore until today and finally found my mistake
which lead to the "problem" described below.

The output "depends on" comes from the -l (l as Lima) flag, what i wanted
was the -1 (number one) flag, which stands for single transaction in
pg_restore. As -l does not execute anything, nothing was logged in the
postgres server log and none error was shown anywhere.

Both chars looked so identical in my editors/shells that i thought i used
-1, in fact using -l.

It's always the tiny obvious thing, which we do not see.

Best regards,
Chris