Postgres as embedded db for GUI

From: David Pratt <fairwinds(at)eastlink(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres as embedded db for GUI
Date: 2005-11-24 15:29:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi. Where would I locate information on setting up postgres as a stand
alone db for a gui application. I am writing this in python and have
been using sqlite but would like to try my app with postgres backend.
Links to any specific open source example would be helpful. The only
user would be the application as opposed to using postgres as server
for multiple client applications.

Many thanks
David