Retore database on win xp from back up created with win 7 64 bit gets unsupported version

From: Ron Gregor <RGregor(at)wcnjcd(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Retore database on win xp from back up created with win 7 64 bit gets unsupported version
Date: 2015-06-29 15:51:04
Lists: pgadmin-support

I have pgadmin 1.10.0 installed on 2 machines. One is win xp and one is win 7 64 bit. I even checked that the rev numbers are the same. The back up was created using the win 7 64 machine (both using gui and batch file). When I try to use the win xp machine to restore the database I get the "unsupported version (1.11) in file header" error. Restoring using the win 7 64 machine works regardless of which machine creates the back up.

pg_dump.exe and pg_restore.exe are the same versions on both machines (8.4.0.9177).

Is there a difference in the back up file if win 7 64 creates it versus win xp creating it?

Thanks for any help in getting this resolved.
Ron Gregor