Re: regresssion script hole

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: regresssion script hole
Date: 2006-06-19 14:16:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> 8.0 pg_regress:
> postmaster_options="$postmaster_options -c listen_addresses=''"
> 8.1 pg_regress:
> postmaster_options="$postmaster_options -c listen_addresses="

and in fact here's the commit that changed that:

* src/test/regress/pg_regress.sh: Change shell syntax that seems
not to work right on FreeBSD 6-CURRENT buildfarm machines.

So apparently it's some generic disease of the BSD shell. I should have
back-patched at the time but did not. Will take care of it.

On the timezone search business, it's still the case that HEAD will
search through all the timezones if it's not given an explicit setting
(eg an explicit environment TZ value). We could suppress that by having
pg_regress set TZ, but then the regression tests wouldn't exercise the
search code at all, which is probably not a great idea.