reference to system table

From: Anton <FreeBSD(at)list(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: reference to system table
Date: 2003-01-19 21:09:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello everybody!

Is there a way to create reference to any system relation?

For example I'd like to create relation which extends pg_shadow with
some attributes such as reference to relation of physical person,
information about worker etcetera.

Thanks in advance
--
Anton

ps My stupid tries:

If I've tried to create reference to pg_shadow(usesysid) pgsql raised
an error.

Then I've tried to inherit pg_shadow but due to inheritance
restriction usesysid and usename become not unique. And if I insert a
tuple into new relation user shouldn't appear in the db.