Prepared statements generating a lot of temp files.

From: Karthik Krishnakumar <karthikk(at)zohocorp(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Prepared statements generating a lot of temp files.
Date: 2023-03-23 09:10:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi admins,

I am analyzing temp files being generated using pg_badger.

Under "queries generating the most temporary files", I am finding insert/update queries (via prepared statements) writing a lot of data to temp files.

I am trying to figure why inserts are generating such temp files.

Why are inserts/updates generating temp files?

what can be done to avoid this ?

thanks,

karthik