Re: release schedule?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ray Stell <stellr(at)vt(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL WWW <PGSQL-WWW(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: release schedule?
Date: 2018-05-02 14:57:41
Lists: pgsql-www

> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 4:40 PM, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
> wrote:
>> The search tool on postgresql.org is for searching things like the
>> documentation and mailing list archive. If you’re looking for particular
>> pages, your favorite search engine of choice will get you what you are
>> looking for.

> The site search is certainly *supposed* to work for that. Clearly it's
> somewhat broken.

I don't have a strong opinion about whether it's broken or not, but
if the search doesn't cover the entire universe of "*.postgresql.org"
content, I think it'd be a good idea to have some text on the search
page explaining what it does cover.

That "include community sites" checkbox is rather drastically
underexplained, too.

The page you get for mailing list archive search (m=1) could
likewise stand to have some text explaining what the heck it does.