Re: Sequence and Schema permissions information schema

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hartrc <rhart2(at)mt(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sequence and Schema permissions information schema
Date: 2012-10-03 18:30:07
Lists: pgsql-general

hartrc <rhart2(at)mt(dot)gov> writes:
> PostgreSQL v9.1.6

> Are sequence and schema permissions documented anywhere in the information
> schema.

In 9.1, I don't believe so. According to the GRANT reference page,
which I think is accurate, privileges on schemas are a PG extension not
found in the SQL standard; so of course the standard's views wouldn't
have anyplace to expose that information. As for the sequence
situation, you might find the commentary and documentation changes in
this 9.2 commit of interest:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=82e83f46a2ed311c6e7536f607f73a6f2a1d7dea