BUG #18529: Can not install as Document

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: chirodt(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #18529: Can not install as Document
Date: 2024-07-04 04:54:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 18529
Logged by: Son Le Huu
Email address: chirodt(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 16.3
Operating system: Oracle Linux 7.9

Dear PostgreSQL Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report an issue I
encountered while attempting to install PostgreSQL 16 on my Linux 7.9
system, following the instructions provided at
https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/.

Specifically, when I ran the command:

sudo yum install -y postgresql16-server

I encountered a failure because postgresql16-server does not seem to exist
in the repository. However, I was able to successfully install
postgresql15-server using the command:

sudo yum install -y postgresql15-server

Could you please confirm if there is an issue with the availability of
PostgreSQL 16 packages in the repository for Linux RedHat 7.9? Your
clarification on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt
response.

Best regards,

Son Le
chirodt(at)gmail(dot)com