Does Stackbuilder need username/pwd for the proxy?

From: "maripabis(at)tiscali(dot)it" <maripabis(at)tiscali(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Does Stackbuilder need username/pwd for the proxy?
Date: 2012-01-20 13:26:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I am a new user, and, as some people already highlighted before me,
after having installed Postgres 9.1, the stackbuider is not able to
connect to the URL www.postgresql.org/applications-v2.xml. I can reach
that page by the browser, however.
My PC is running windows XP SP2 and it connects to internet through a
proxy, which address I have inserted under the "proxy server" tab in
the Stack builder main window.
I am wondering if the problem could be in the fact that my proxy
requires a Username (with domain: something like: domain\username) and
a password. They are specified in the Control panel - Advanced -
Password management tab, and I think the browser reads them from there.
However for other software (ESRI ARCGIS Desktop) I had to explicitly
specify the username and pwd required by the proxy in a special option.
Could this be the case for postGRES too?
Thank you

Maria Paola Bogliolo
INAIL - Italy

E' nata indoona: chiama, videochiama e messaggia Gratis. Scarica indoona per iPhone, Android e PC: http://www.indoona.com/