BUG #18406: Connection issue after upgrading to postgres16

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: rajeev(dot)raparthi(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #18406: Connection issue after upgrading to postgres16
Date: 2024-03-25 10:09:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 18406
Logged by: RAJEEV RAPARTHI
Email address: rajeev(dot)raparthi(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 16.0
Operating system: Linux

Hi Team ,

We recently upgraded our postgres version from 11 to 16 , and we are
encountering the connection issue after migration sporadically .
DriverManagerDataSource dataSource = new
DriverManagerDataSource(getUrl(), username, getDbPassword());
dataSource.setDriverClassName("org.postgresql.Driver");

We are observing the issue as "Caused by:
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Unable to acquire JDBC
Connection [The connection attempt failed.] [n/a]"

We are using db3.t3.small machine which has 2GB of RAM .