RE: Re: startup Postgres on NT

From: Matthew <matt(at)ctlno(dot)com>
To: "'Fred Yankowski'" <fred(at)ontosys(dot)com>, microx_2000(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Re: startup Postgres on NT
Date: 2001-02-06 19:15:04
Lists: pgsql-general

That's a shame... I think it would be a great improvement to have PG able
to run as a service. It would open up pg to be a usable database for a lot
of people who currently find it too hard to setup. I don't know if MySQL
runs as a service, but I know it has a clean windows setup, and does not
require the user to install cygwin first. A similar setup for postgre would
be fabulous also. This ability on Windows would help a lot of people who
are in mixed environments. I know we are and it would help us.

Matt