Re: Include PostgresNIO Swift client in the Documentation

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: fabianfett(at)mac(dot)com, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Include PostgresNIO Swift client in the Documentation
Date: 2023-08-11 00:23:45
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi Fabian,

On 8/10/23 3:55 AM, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/external-interfaces.html
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm reaching out to ask if the Swift Postgres could be included in the
> listing here:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/external-interfaces.html
>
> Name: PostgresNIO
> Language: Swift
> Comments: Non-blocking, event-driven client built with SwiftNIO
> Website: https://github.com/vapor/postgres-nio

As of late, we've been keeping the canonical list on the wiki page here,
which already includes PostgresNIO:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers

The last time this came up, I think we discussed linking to the wiki
page from the docs, vs. trying to keep the docs up-to-date with all of
the drivers available. Perhaps it's worth seeing if we want to make any
changes to the docs page prior to the v16 GA?

Thanks,

Jonathan