can anybody help me please

From: rifki <rifki(at)comlabs(dot)itb(dot)ac(dot)id>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: can anybody help me please
Date: 2003-07-22 06:34:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, there,
i need a help in creating new data type in postgresql. I've read the manual, create type, i have try to create the type mentioned in the manual (chapter Extending SQL type). but to no avail.
At first it was my cygwin installation that doesn't support C as the language using createlang. But my postgresql 7.2.2 on linux Redhat 8, show the same behaviour. They only support plpgsql, pltcl, etc.

i also try to make a c program which only prints something like "Hello World", i include the postgresql.h file as header, i found out that the file isn't anywhere in my computer. My question: where can i get it? Can somebody just tell me where the resource is?

i really appreciate those gurus who would like to help newbie like me.

regards,
rifki
+ open mind, open heart, act ! +

This message was sent using DeskNow Lite - Free mail & collaboration server
http://www.desknow.com