Re: pgadmin4 7.6 on RHEL 8.8 receives "Internal Server Error"

From: Daxu Yin <daxuyin(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Yogesh Mahajan <yogesh(dot)mahajan(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgadmin4 7.6 on RHEL 8.8 receives "Internal Server Error"
Date: 2023-09-06 17:31:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Yogesh,
Thanks a lot for promptly following this up.
I kind of "fix" or bypassed the problem by examining the /var/log/httpd/error_log,
1. The error log suggested something wrong with the libpq package. The RHEL 8 instance has libpq5, but not libpq. So I installed:sudo yum install -y libpqsudo yum install -y libpq-devel  # not 100% sure we need this one
At this point, somehow I feel I need to reinstall the pgadmin4, 'cause pgadmin4 perhaps would be "aware" of the new libpq, so I removed pgadmin4 and reinstalled it:sudo yum remove pgadmin4 sudo yum install pgadmin4-websudo /usr/pgadmin4/bin/setup-web.sh
2. Restarted the server, the error log complained something wrong with psycopg python library. I have python 3.6 and python 3.11 on the node already, and later pgadmin4 brought in python 3.9. I did the followings:
cd /usr/pgadmin4/venv/binsource activate #make sure I am in the python 3.9 environmentpip install "psycopg[binary,pool]"
deactivate
3. Restarted the server, the error log now suggested lack of privileges to access psycopg, I did the followings
cd /usr/pgadmin4/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packageschmod -R 755 *
Finally, restart the httpd, everything seems working now.
Please let me know if this could be the right solution, or any alternative ones.
Many thanks.

Daxu Yin
410-340-5842