Re: Tablespace limit feature

From: Alejandro Carrillo <fasterzip(at)yahoo(dot)es>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tablespace limit feature
Date: 2014-11-04 17:00:54
Lists: pgsql-general

I need to limit the tablespace file because I need to control the hard disk space used in a tablespace. Anybody knows how to do this? Or if it this in the PostgreSQL roadmap?

Thanks
El Martes 4 de noviembre de 2014 11:52, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> escribió:

Le 4 nov. 2014 16:29, "Stephen Frost" <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> a écrit :

> * Alejandro Carrillo (fasterzip(at)yahoo(dot)es) wrote:
> > Can PostgreSQL's tablespace limit space in MB? Or exists another way to limit space in a table of a tablespace??
>
> You can set up quotas on the underlying filesystem, but that will limit
> the entire tablespace.
>
> Having quotas and limits for users is something which I've wanted for a
> long time, but it's not likely to happen any time particularly soon..

Lack of time or technical issue? For the latter, may I ask which issue you see? (I might be interesting in pursuing this)