Re: logical replication - negative bitmapset member not allowed

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tim Clarke <tim(dot)clarke(at)minerva(dot)info>
Cc: PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: logical replication - negative bitmapset member not allowed
Date: 2019-04-02 13:59:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Tim Clarke <tim(dot)clarke(at)minerva(dot)info> writes:
> Dang. I just replicated ~380 tables. One was missing an index so I
> paused replication, added a unique key on publisher and subscriber,
> re-enabled replication and refreshed the subscription.

Well, that's not much help :-(. Can you provide any info to narrow
down where this is happening? I mean, you haven't even told us whether
it's the primary or the slave that is complaining. Does it seem to
be associated with any particular command? (Turning on log_statement
and/or log_replication_commands would likely help with that.) Does
data seem to be getting transferred despite the complaint? If not,
what's missing on the slave?