Re: many animals are running old clients

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Mikael Kjellström <mikael(dot)kjellstrom(at)mksoft(dot)nu>, buildfarm-members(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: many animals are running old clients
Date: 2018-08-18 15:12:03
Lists: buildfarm-members

Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> On 08/18/2018 06:48 AM, Mikael Kjellström wrote:
>> Every time I upgrade I need to go through all the .pl-files and change
>> the path to where perl is located as different os/distros has perl at
>> different paths and also it's not even consistent within the shipped
>> files.

> Would it help if I added a script to set the perl locations?

Is it really necessary to touch the shebang lines at all?
I thought if you invoked the top script with
perl-of-choice /path/to/run_build.pl ... args ...
then you'd be good. If that's not so, maybe we could make it work?

>> I also go through the config-file line by line to see if anything is
>> changed or added.

Yeah, this bit is the most time-consuming for me. Not sure what's to
be done about it.