avoid the creating the type for setof

From: John Fabiani <johnf(at)jfcomputer(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: avoid the creating the type for setof
Date: 2011-12-30 14:26:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I recall somewhere I saw a simple plpgsql function that returned a table with
more than one record that did not use a defined type or a temp table ( at
least I think I did). Is it possible to create such a function that will
return more than one record and not require a record type or temp table?

something like

return setof record as
return query select ...

return