Own index methods

From: Benjamin Schaller <benjamin(dot)schaller(at)s2018(dot)tu-chemnitz(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Own index methods
Date: 2020-05-05 12:21:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

in the Postgres documentation it says: "PostgreSQLprovides the index
methods B-tree, hash, GiST, SP-GiST, GIN, and BRIN. Users can also
define their own index methods, but that is fairly complicated."
(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-createindex.html)

Even though it's described as fairly complicated: If I would want to
define my own index method, what would be a good approach to do so?

Best regards