Re: pgsql: Plug RLS related information leak in pg_stats view.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Plug RLS related information leak in pg_stats view.
Date: 2015-07-28 20:56:57
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Plug RLS related information leak in pg_stats view.

BTW, a note about this: I see you bumped catversion in both branches,
which is good, but you bumped it to the same thing, which I think is
bad. Two branches with different initial catalog contents should
not have identical catversions; that more or less defeats the point
of having the version number.

What I've done in such cases is to assign yyyymmdd1 to the back
branch and yyyymmdd2 to HEAD.