Re: BUG #11732: Non-serializable outcomes under serializable isolation

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Bailis <pbailis(at)cs(dot)berkeley(dot)edu>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #11732: Non-serializable outcomes under serializable isolation
Date: 2014-12-31 23:23:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com> wrote:

> Either way, what Tin
> is seeing should not be possible, because what I just described
> should have caused a dangerous structure for which should have
> caused either Tpivot to be canceled.

Gah! Something shiny must have come into my field of vision while
I was editing that sentence. My apologies. This stuff is hard
enough to understand without such mangled editing, so I'll try
again:

Either way, what Tin is seeing should not be possible, because what
I just described should have caused a dangerous structure which
should have caused either Tpivot or Tout to be canceled.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com