Re: config

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: mengelhart(at)earthtrip(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: config
Date: 2000-10-14 04:42:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Michael Engelhart <mengelhart(at)earthtrip(dot)com> writes:
> Thanks Adam. Yeah, I know that it uses a mach kernel and variant of
> freebsd runs atop the kernel. I would attempt the FreeBSD template
> but the other snag is that it has to compile on PowerPC.

FreeBSD template seems like it'd be a good starting point. 7.0.*
will probably not work on PPC unless you compile with optimization
level -O0, so tweak CFLAGS in the template that way before running
configure. Otherwise it seems like it'd more or less work --- give
it a shot and let us know how it goes.

BTW, I think the PPC optimization issues are solved in current sources.
>From a development perspective it'd be more interesting to hear your
report on what happens with a current nightly snapshot instead of 7.0.2.

regards, tom "didn't order my OS X yet :-(" lane