Re: installation of readline 4.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Alex Cheung Tin Ka" <tkcheung(at)vtc(dot)edu(dot)hk>
Cc: "PostgreSQL" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: installation of readline 4.2
Date: 2003-01-02 04:36:13
Lists: pgsql-general

"Alex Cheung Tin Ka" <tkcheung(at)vtc(dot)edu(dot)hk> writes:
> After installing the readline library 4.2 on my solaris box, I want to =
> reconfigure the postgresql v4.2.3.

I assume you mean 7.2.3 ...

> I have tried to configure like following:
> ./configure --enable-readline

There is no --enable-readline in 7.2.3 (consult configure --help for the
definitive list of options recognized by any particular configure
script).

I suspect that you failed to follow through on rebuilding and
reinstalling Postgres after reconfiguring. Try
./configure
-- make *sure* configure output shows that it found readline,
-- both library and header files
make clean
make all
make install