Re: How to install latest stable postgresql on Debian

From: "Andrus" <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: "Adrian Klaver" <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to install latest stable postgresql on Debian
Date: 2011-11-18 23:58:26
Lists: pgsql-general

>How did you uninstall 8.4?
>From below it would seem it is still around.

Thank you.
After adding -t switch to apt-get I was able to install 9.1.

To start it I invoked /etc/init.d/postgresql manually.

How to force it to start after server is rebooted automatically ?

free -g returns

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 2 0 2 0 0 0
-/+ buffers/cache: 0 2
Swap: 3 0 3

Which parameters in postgresql.conf needs to be changed to work it as fast
as posssible ? This is dedicated server.

Andrus.