Re: Dynamic queries for Partitions

From: Jan Ostrochovsky <jan(dot)ostrochovsky(at)mobiletech(dot)sk>
To: Metatrader EA <metatraderea(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dynamic queries for Partitions
Date: 2016-11-24 09:22:49
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello Bill,

if I understand correctly, you need to have constraint exclusion turned on and be careful about types - types in WHERE condition should be the same as those with CHECK constraint in partitioned table. Then you won't need 2 steps, but just one - one SELECT from master table fits all. Details are in the PostgreSQL documentation (Partitioning).

Jano