Re: pg_dump of partitioned table not working.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pg_dump of partitioned table not working.
Date: 2020-12-02 23:50:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I wrote:
> What you need here is something like "pg_dump -t measurement*"
> to indicate that you want measurement's child tables too, but
> AFAIR pg_dump has no such feature. Maybe we should add it.

Or actually: that syntax does do something, but it selects
tables by pattern matching not hierarchy, ie you get everything
whose name starts with "measurement". Depending on your naming
conventions, that might be close enough.

It does seem like there might be reason to have a switch along
the lines of "--include-child-tables".