BUG #16798: SQL Error

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: ok(dot)arigbabowo(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #16798: SQL Error
Date: 2020-12-30 21:32:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16798
Logged by: Oluwasola Arigbabowo
Email address: ok(dot)arigbabowo(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 10.0
Operating system: Windows 10

Hi,
I encountered an error when I was trying to copy a csv file into a table
created in a database inside the server. The code I used is :

Copy Customer from 'C:\\Users\\okari\\Customer.csv' delimiter ',' csv
header;

and the error that resulted is given below.

ERROR: could not open file "C:\\Users\\okari\\Customer.csv" for reading:
Permission denied
HINT: COPY FROM instructs the PostgreSQL server process to read a file. You
may want a client-side facility such as psql's \copy.
SQL state: 42501

I would appreciate some help with this.

Thanks
OK