Call for Proposals is open for Citus Con: An Event for Postgres 2023!

From: Microsoft Azure via PostgreSQL Announce <announce-noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Call for Proposals is open for Citus Con: An Event for Postgres 2023!
Date: 2022-11-26 19:27:24
Lists: pgsql-announce

## The CFP is now open & will close on Feb 5, 2023!

The 2nd annual *Citus Con: An Event for Postgres* will happen Apr 18-19, 2023 and the [Call for Speakers is now open]( https://www.citusdata.com/cituscon/2023/cfp/) until Feb 5, 2023! We can’t wait to see your talk proposals about what you do with the world's most advanced open source database.

*Citus Con: An Event for Postgres* is a free and virtual developer event organized by the Postgres & Citus database teams at Microsoft and no travel is involved. Of course there’s a code of conduct too. To make things easy for speakers, we’ll take care of the video recording and production, both for the livestream and on-demand talks. Talks are 25 minutes long and must be in English.

## Live Sessions & On-Demand Videos
There will be 2 unique livestreams + on-demand talks too. We’d love to consider your talk proposal(s) about Postgres and/or Citus—whether you’re a first-time speaker or a regular at conferences. We're looking for talks from Citus open source users, Azure database customers, & Postgres and Citus experts from Microsoft, and Postgres community members.

On-demand talks will be pre-recorded and published online on April 18th.

## Important Dates
* __Nov 17, 2022__: CFP opens
* __Feb 05, 2023__: CFP closes
* __Feb 15, 2023__: Speakers notified
* __Mar 01, 2023__: Schedule &amp; sessions announced
* __Mar 13-17 & 20, 2023__: Video recordings for on-demand talks
* __Apr 18-19, 2023__: Event happens!

## Key things to know
Even more information on the [Citus Con CFP page](https://www.citusdata.com/cituscon/2023/cfp/)

* __Format__: 3-hour livestreams in different geos: Americas and EMEA + on-demand sessions
* __CFP closes__: February 5, 2023
* __Length__: 25 mins / talk
* __Virtual & free__: no travel (or funding) required
* __Video recording & production__: All you need is a good mic & a decent webcam. We’ll take care of the rest.
* __Speaker resources__: on our [CFP page](https://www.citusdata.com/cituscon/2023/cfp/#speaker-resources)
* __Submit your proposal__: [on Sessionize](https://sessionize.com/cituscon2023/)

## Topics
We’re looking for talks about using Postgres on Azure, and Citus on Azure&mdash;as well as talks about using Postgres and/or Citus open source&mdash;plus talks that will introduce attendees to some of the latest innovations they might not yet know about. Here are some examples, not an exhaustive list:

+ How you run your app on Postgres on Azure
+ Citus open source user stories
+ New innovations in Postgres 15
+ Scaling out Postgres with Azure Cosmos DB for PostgreSQL, formerly Hyperscale (Citus)
+ Postgres community
+ Generally interesting Postgres knowledge
+ Data modeling and SQL best practices
+ How you use other Postgres extensions, like PostGIS, pg\_cron, HLL, t-digest, postgres\_fdw, &amp; so many more
+ Tips for building your application on Azure Database for PostgreSQL&mdash;especially Flexible Server
+ Techniques for using Postgres at any scale with Citus&mdash;from single-node to a distributed cluster
+ Migrating to Postgres on Azure
+ Monitoring tools for Postgres on Azure
+ Postgres performance (including analytics and time series workloads)
+ Azure ecosystem integrations with Postgres
+ Running SaaS applications built with Ruby, Python, Node.js, Java, or .NET&mdash;and running on Postgres
+ Using Postgres with Python and Django applications

## Other useful links
* [Code of conduct](https://www.citusdata.com/cituscon/2023/coc/)
* [Talk selection team](https://www.citusdata.com/cituscon/2023/cfp/#talk-selection-team)