Re: Two-phase commit with JDBC

From: Jeremy Whiting <jwhiting(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Two-phase commit with JDBC
Date: 2016-05-25 10:05:42
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Edson,
Two phase commit is a protocol developed by the The Open Group. The
group created a standard known as Open XA [1].
PostgreSQL using JDBC provides an implementation of the XA spec.
Supporting two phase commit.

The sample application you ask for is beyond J2SE and in JEE [2] instead.
Unless of course you accept using JTA api. This book is suggested
reading and has examples. Look for examples with UserTransaction [3].

ISBN 0-13-035290-X

Regards,
Jeremy

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X/Open_XA
[2] https://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/tutorial/
[3]
https://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/transaction/UserTransaction.html

--
Jeremy Whiting
Senior Software Engineer, JBoss Performance Team

Registered Address: RED HAT UK LIMITED, Peninsular House, 30-36 Monument Street, 4th floor, London. EC3R 8NB United Kingdom
Registered in UK and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903 Directors: Michael Cunningham (US), Michael ("Mike") O'Neill (Ireland) and Eric Shander (US)