Re: install-sh patch for Mac OS X

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: sugita(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: install-sh patch for Mac OS X
Date: 2002-07-10 13:38:11
Lists: pgsql-patches

sugita(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp writes:
> This is a small patch for following error.

> -cpprog="${CPPROG-cp}"
> +cpprog="${CPPROG-cp -p}"

This seems a really *bad* idea. Won't it cause the executables to be
installed with the wrong ownership (ie, whatever you built them as,
rather than the user you are doing "make install" as)?

Perhaps we need some different installation technique for OS X
(run ranlib again after install?) but I won't agree to
making the above change for all platforms.