Psycopg 3.1 released

From: Psycopg Development Team via PostgreSQL Announce <announce-noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Psycopg 3.1 released
Date: 2022-08-31 08:12:54
Lists: pgsql-announce

After several months of development, we are proud to announce the release of [Psycopg 3.1](https://www.psycopg.org/psycopg3/docs/)!

Psycopg 3.1 adds several features on top of the current Psycopg 3.0 line:

- massive performance improvements thanks to the pipeline mode
- easier porting from psycopg2 thanks to client-side-binding cursors
- faster executemany, optionally returning results
- a flexible enum adaptation
- two-phase commit support

...and many more! For details about each of the new features, please check out the [release notes](https://www.psycopg.org/articles/2022/08/30/psycopg-31-released/).

The development and maintenance of Psycopg is only possible thanks to [our generous sponsors](https://www.psycopg.org/sponsors/). If you are a Psycopg user, we invite you to [become a sponsor too](https://github.com/sponsors/dvarrazzo).

Looking forward to your feedback. Happy hacking!