Re: Issue with installing postgres extension

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: bhavani dba <dbabhavani(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue with installing postgres extension
Date: 2024-06-27 02:25:36
Lists: pgsql-general

bhavani dba <dbabhavani(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> thank you for tom for your response. i dont remember installing postgres 14
> version on the server and it seems like I have postgres 15 running.

> [postgres(at)postgres ~]$ psql
> psql (15.7, server 15.0)
> Type "help" for help.

Hmm ... after poking around a bit, it appears you are trying to load
extension code compiled against 15.1 or later into a 15.0 server.
Possibly we should have thought a bit harder about the compatibility
implications of commit f2f7e509e. Nonetheless, what are you doing
running a 15.0 server? That was many minor releases and bug fixes
ago.