Proposal to improve uniq function documentation in intarray extension

From: PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: martin(dot)kalcher(at)aboutsource(dot)net
Subject: Proposal to improve uniq function documentation in intarray extension
Date: 2022-06-01 10:20:44
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/intarray.html

The **uniq** function in the **intarray** extension removes **adjacent**
duplicates from an integer array. The documentation[0] about this behavior
is correct, but the example is a bit misleading, because it sorts the array
before applying uniq. The sort can be overlooked **easily** and leads to the
impression that **uniq** removes all duplicates from the array.

I propse to change the example to somthing like that:

uniq('{1,2,2,3,1,1}'::integer[]) → {1,2,3,1}

It might be a good idea to refer to the **sort** function in case one wants
to remove all duplicates.

Cheers, Martin Kalcher

[0]
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/intarray.html#INTARRAY-FUNC-TABLE