What is a "simple expression"?

From: PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: damian(at)damianbirchler(dot)net
Subject: What is a "simple expression"?
Date: 2022-04-20 18:46:30
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/sql-select.html

Hi there

To start off I'd like to say your documentation is great and very helpful.
Thanks for that!

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/sql-select.html in the section "WINDOW
clause" talks about "simple expression." I couldn't find any explaining of
what actually constitutes a simple expression, not by searching for the term
or checking the index.

Cheers,
Damian