Re: Discrpency in the GRANT docs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Discrpency in the GRANT docs
Date: 2007-11-29 18:05:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com> writes:
> I just noticed this. In the section of the page, near the end, that
> describes the access privileges display generated by psql's \z (which
> come from pg_class.relacl) there is the following:

> /yyyy -- user who granted this privilege

> That's not the case. What get's listed there is the current owner of
> the table (at least in 8.2).

Your test case does not show that. I think you missed this paragraph:

: If a superuser chooses to issue a GRANT or REVOKE command, the command
: is performed as though it were issued by the owner of the affected
: object. In particular, privileges granted via such a command will appear
: to have been granted by the object owner. (For role membership, the
: membership appears to have been granted by the containing role itself.)