[Pljava-dev] is it a bug? passing recordset into java procedure

From: dmitry at ruban(dot)biz (Dmitry Ruban)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] is it a bug? passing recordset into java procedure
Date: 2007-08-12 01:40:51
Lists: pljava-dev

Hello pljava-dev,

I'm running postgres 8.2.4 on windows xp. I installed pljava which is
included into win distributive. It works fine except only one thing.

I created simple function in java:

public static String testRS(ResultSet rs) throws SQLException {
String result = "test";
//rs.close();
return result;
}

this function is supposed to read data from recordset and transform it
into a string.

When i try to call this simple function from postgres by executing
following query:

SELECT sp_testrs(t.*) FROM table t WHERE t.id = [some id of existing
record];

I get the expected "test" result, but i also get following message:

WARNING: TupleDesc reference leak: TupleDesc 07ACE448 (59891,-1) still referenced

I tried to close record set inside my java procedure but i still get
this warning.

Any ideas what could cause this? Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry mailto:dmitry at ruban.biz