Re: Encountering missing sourcefiles when building postgres on windows

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jürgen Zornig <juergen(dot)zornig(at)msgis(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Encountering missing sourcefiles when building postgres on windows
Date: 2023-07-08 15:17:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

=?iso-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Zornig?= <juergen(dot)zornig(at)msgis(dot)com> writes:
> I'm trying to build postgres on Windows 11 Enterprise / Visual Studio 2022 Professional, so I basically followed the instructions, installed the devenvironment (flex, bison, perl, ...), got the sources from git (I've tried master and REL_15_2 branches) and ran /src/tools/msvc/build

> The buildprocess itself seems to work, but I am encountering quite a lot of missing sourcefiles (and also headers) as the errors tell me:

The files you seem to be missing are precisely those that are generated
by flex or bison (if you build from a git pull instead of a tarball).
So it'd appear that either you misinstalled those tools, or something
is going wrong when the build script calls them (maybe they are not in
your PATH?). I'd advise looking further up in the build log to get
a clue of what's going wrong.