Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for contrib/sslinfo

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for contrib/sslinfo
Date: 2021-11-30 20:55:00
Lists: pgsql-committers

Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> writes:
> Scratch that, all the copying for tests 001 through 003 had failed. I clearly
> need another coffee.
> The question still stands though, does anyone have any ideas on what could've
> happened as I'm currently drawing a blank?

Dunno, but it strikes me that the libpq code issuing this error is not up
to our usual quality standards. It's just assuming that the stat()
failure is ENOENT, and I have a sneaking suspicion that that's not so.

I'm inclined to suggest that we start by changing that code
to look like, say,

if (stat(fnbuf, &buf) != 0)
{
if (errno == ENOENT)
appendPQExpBuffer(&conn->errorMessage,
libpq_gettext("certificate present, but not private key file \"%s\"\n"),
fnbuf);
else
appendPQExpBuffer(&conn->errorMessage,
libpq_gettext("could not stat private key file \"%s\": %m\n"),
fnbuf);
return -1;
}

and see what we learn.