Re: Successful regression testing???

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: P G <pg_dba(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Successful regression testing???
Date: 2003-03-07 18:36:41
Lists: pgsql-general

P G <pg_dba(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> Has anyone gotten Postgresql 7.3.2 to pass the
> supplied regression tests after the make?

No, we never run the regression tests at all ;-)

> 47 of 89 tests failed, 1 of these failures ignored.

You have a major problem. There's not nearly enough info here to guess
what it is, though. Have you looked at the actual differences? The
Admin Guide has some advice on interpreting what you see:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/regress-evaluation.html
although with such a large number of test failures, I don't think you
are dealing with any of the specific issues mentioned there.