Re: Images in the official documentation

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Daniel Westermann <daniel(dot)westermann(at)dbi-services(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Images in the official documentation
Date: 2018-02-24 19:11:58
Lists: pgsql-docs

Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 4:04 AM, Peter Eisentraut
> <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> The issue of how to manage the sources is still the same, though.

> SVG format is ascii based vector format.

Yeah. I think where the last discussion left this was that we'd be
willing to accept SVG-format figures, but we were having a hard time
figuring out what tools to recommend for editing them, because available
editors have no respect for readability or preserving small deltas when
rewriting SVG files.