Re: How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM

From: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM
Date: 2019-08-22 19:35:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Adrian,

On 8/22/2019 12:22 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> On 8/22/19 11:29 AM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
>> I have installed the CentOS 7 PGDG file from
>> https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php
>>
>> If I `cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo` I see:
>>
>> # PGDG Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS / Scientific Linux stable
>> repositories:
>>
>> [pgdg12]
>> name=PostgreSQL 12 $releasever - $basearch
>> baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
>>
>> enabled=0
>
> Not a YUM user, but what if you change enabled to 1?

Thanks, that was indeed the issue (Joshua Drake pointed it to me offline
earlier as it seemed that my emails are not posted to the list), but
upon changing enabled to 1 and then running `yum update`, there is a new
error:

failure: repodata/repomd.xml from pgdg12: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
try.
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found

The XML data is missing.  If I change the URL to 11 then I get the XML
file for Postgres 11.

Where should I report this issue?

Thank you,

Igal