Re: PGEu Board nomination

From: Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgeu-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bruno Friedmann <bruno(at)ioda-net(dot)ch>, sas(dot)postgresql(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: PGEu Board nomination
Date: 2018-02-07 19:09:19
Lists: pgeu-general

On 01/30/2018 01:02 PM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> On mardi, 30 janvier 2018 10.41:26 h CET SAS wrote:
>>
>> I would like to nominate Vik Fearing.
>
> and I second this.

Thank you both.

After some lengthy discussions with current members of the board of the
kind of work I want to do for/with PostgreSQL Europe, and the amount the
time I can dedicate to it being taken away by administrative tasks, I
think everyone is better served if I just concentrate on improving the
pain points that I currently experience as a PGEU-backed conference
organizer.

Thank you Magnus for turning all that into a public blog post!
https://blog.hagander.net/what-does-it-mean-to-be-on-the-board-of-postgresql-europe-240/

For these reasons, I respectfully decline the nomination.
--
Vik Fearing