Postgres goes to auto recovery mode after system restart(check this draft)

From: Manojkumar S <manojkumar(dot)krishnamurthy(at)zohocorp(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Srivathson KK (Srivathson KK)" <srivathson(dot)k(at)zohocorp(dot)com>
Subject: Postgres goes to auto recovery mode after system restart(check this draft)
Date: 2017-03-20 09:55:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I started Postgres from command line using pg_ctl.exe and restarted my windows machine. Whenever I start postgres again after machine restart, postgres goes to auto recovery mode. What is the reason for this behavior? Is there a way to overcome this? . The same behavior is being reproduced every time with any version of postgres and even if I start postgres with postgres.exe.

PS: This behavior does not occur if I start postgres as a windows service

Thanks &amp; Regards:

Manoj.