Re: Lack of information on materialized views in information_schema.table_privileges.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jan Przemysław Wójcik <jan(dot)przemyslaw(dot)wojcik(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lack of information on materialized views in information_schema.table_privileges.
Date: 2017-11-26 17:22:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

=?UTF-8?Q?Jan_Przemys=C5=82aw_W=C3=B3jcik?= <jan(dot)przemyslaw(dot)wojcik(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> information_schema.table_privileges does not show privileges on the view:

AFAIK, no information_schema view shows anything at all about matviews.
This is intentional because matviews aren't SQL-standard objects.
It's therefore unclear how they should be represented in
information_schema (eg, do they belong in the tables view or the views
view, and if the former, what is their table_type?). Our project policy
is that rather than inventing extensions to the information_schema
standard, we just don't show nonstandard objects in information_schema.